Does anyone know of any standard practices for valuing a PR company, such
as for possible sale? I have been offered an option of receiving a
percentage of the selling price of my employer's firm (a privately held PR
company) in lieu of salary increases and I have no idea how to determine
what the approximate compensation would be for comparison purposes. Is it
generally based on annual billings, and if so, would the starting place for
negotiations be 1X, 2X, 3X annual billables? Or would some other method
generally be used? Has anyone been through a sale before and know how the
value was determined?

Thanks much!
cp