To whom it my concern:

Hello, my name is Shauna Adams and I am currently preparing to enter
college in Ohio.  I am persuing a career in the field of Communications,
specifically Public Relations.  I was wondering if anyone would be able
to provide me with some brief information about the field I will be
entering.  I would appriciate anything you could tell me about college
courses, work ahead of me, opportunities, experiences, internships, etc.
or perhaps you have heard of or know of any colleges that are noteworthy
in this field?  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Shauna Adams