Hi –

Looking for some upcoming training opportunities? Register and participate in the following TEL webinars from Gale and World Book. By registering, you’ll receive a link to the recorded training if you are unable to attend it live.

World Book: Resources for AAPI Heritage Month

Mon, May 13, 1:30pm – 2:00pm CT/ 2:30pm – 3:00pm ET

World Book is a great resource in helping you prepare for, educate about, and celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage month! World Book is full of information and activities to help learn about important people, events, and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/145579076061590101

Gale: Usage-Informed Insights for Academic Libraries

Tue, May 7, 1pm – 2pm/ 2:00pm – 3:00pm ET

Join us for a comprehensive webinar designed to help academic libraries explore usage data and gain insights on promoting their Gale resources. In this session, we will delve into the differences between COUNTER reports and Gale usage reports and demonstrate how this data can be effectively used to drive usage and awareness of Gale resources. Additionally, we will discuss why certain primary sources might experience higher usage than others. We will touch on the impact of discovery services, such as EDS SmartLinks on usage and will provide tips for maximizing Gale resources in discovery services.  Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding of usage data and discover strategies to optimize the promotion of your Gale resources.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jm9subP4TbmE8Qx5C2Hsow

Gale 101- Gale In Context: Environmental Studies

Thu, May 16, 1:00pm – 2:00pm CT/ 2:00pm – 3:00pm ET

Gale In Context: Environmental Studies is designed to support students, researchers, and educators in exploring and understanding the critical issues surrounding the environment, many focused in human-environment interactions. Diverse content types including Reference Articles, News and Magazines, Conferences, Statistics, Academic Journals, and Multimedia materials engage all types of learners to ensure equitable access and maximize understanding. Join our session to explore the key topics, workflows, and tools designed to support users in effective environmental research, teaching, and learning.

Register at  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_g1C_pLM0QaKBP0qYdL9MBA

World Book: Summer Reading

Thu, May 23, 11:00am – 11:30amCT / Noon – 12:30pm ET

Are you following the summer reading theme that focuses on adventure? Join us for a webinar full of ideas to support this theme. Explore, learn, and play together. From stories to crafts & activities, come learn about creative ways to fit World Book into your summer reading program!

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/999891914262212439

Build Strong Readers: Integrate the Science of Reading with Gale In Context

Thu, May 23, 1pm – 2pm CT / 2:00pm – 3:00pm ET

Join us for a training session exploring how to effectively use Gale In Context products in line with the science of reading principles, specifically fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Participants will explore how Gale can support evidence-based instructional practices and enhance students' reading comprehension and literacy skills through research and learning tools including translation, listen, highlights and notes, and more. Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mzvwhqyXQdumwTLf2OVdPA

World Book - New Ebooks

Thu, May 30, 2:00pm – 2:30pm CT / 3:00pm – 3:30pm ET

One of the main benefits of a World Book eBooks subscription is automatic access to our NEW World Book originals! Join us to learn about the new releases this fall which include a new set of "Cool Tech" and a new set of “Out of This World", as well as exciting brand new sets. We will also take a look at the different classroom resources available for these new titles.

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6812090698586472789

Avoid the Summer Slide with World Book

Fri, May 31, 2:00pm – 2:30pm CT / 3:00pm – 3:30pm ET

Avoid the summer slump! Looking for educational resources or activities to use while kids are home? World book has your covered! Watch this brief webinar to learn about some tools to break up the day and support learning at home. https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4391322335997694807

World Book: Summer Reading

Tue, June 11, 1:00pm – 1:30pm CT/ 2:00pm – 2:30pm ET

Are you following the summer reading theme that focuses on adventure? Join us for a webinar full of ideas to support this theme. Explore, learn, and play together. From stories to crafts & activities, come learn about creative ways to fit World Book into your summer reading program!

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/472414405480600663

Fun with World Book Online

Thu, June 20, 10:30am – 11:00am CT/ 11:30am – Noon ET

World Book Online is great for lessons and education – but there is a lot more inside our digital tools build for fun too! Games, eBooks, digital coloring, at-home activities, and more! Join us to learn about fun and exciting ways to use World Book Online together or for quiet time activities for kids to complete while you work.

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7105001696248688224

Recent Updates in World Book Online

Fri, June 28, 11:30am – 12:00pm CT / 12:30pm – 1:00pm ET

We release new and exciting updates to World Book Online throughout the year. Do you know the latest releases? Join us for an overview of new article tools in Student, a new dictionary feature in Kids, and more!

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2426382907480468055

Keep up to date with TEL’s training options using the Training Calendar - https://tntel.info/library-staff/resource/training

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke | TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

P 615-532-4627

F 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

Our Core Values:  Exceptionalism – Collaboration – Integrity – Stewardship

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Website: https://sos.tn.gov/

Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.