Against the backdrop of the theme, *"Abolitionist Visions and
Intersections: **Centering Human Relationships and Building Institutional
Connections for Social Justice*," speakers from across the country will
present on the range of possibilities and projects it encompasses and
conjures. Panels will explore information access and censorship in carceral
settings, creative arts programming in prisons, archival stewardship of
incarcerated persons' records, financial divestment and community
organizing, innovative public library programming to serve vulnerable and
reentry populations, higher education/prison partnerships, solitary
confinement, public safety, inside/outside mutual aid, the interface of
immigration and policing, and more. There will also be two film screenings
and a participatory workshop. Our presenters are from a wide range of
backgrounds and environments and speak from deep, diverse, and
experientially-informed perspectives. Please email Rachel Rosekind with
questions: [log in to unmask] *This event is free and open to the
public, but registration is required.*

Full program schedule (also below) and registration information can be
found at
https://www.ala.org/rt/srrt/events/abolitionist-visions-intersections.

*Day One Registration Link*:
https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJErd-ygqjguG9EkZKljKU1r3rmidgZmHDsD

*Day Two Registration Link*:
https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtf-ispj0uHdRpzXBS5336RjwiPIsQKt8w

--
April Sheppard

*Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time,
well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than
yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging
in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until
you're working. *