Good morning,

It’s that time of year again! As the Wilderness Volunteer Coordinator for the Wenatchee River Ranger District in Leavenworth Washington I’m reaching out to share an exciting volunteer opportunity for the upcoming summer season.

We are looking for motivated individuals with a passion for outdoor education and recreation to join us as Volunteer Wilderness/Backcountry Ranger for the 2024 summer season. This full-time position requires a commitment of 10-12, with a 40-hour work week that includes overnight backpacking trips for 4 days/3 nights each week. Ideal candidates will be experienced in navigating remote settings independently and comfortable engaging with the public. This opportunity provides valuable experience for those interested in pursuing careers in outdoor recreation or public land management. In addition to hands-on experience, volunteers receive housing, a work vehicle, and a daily food stipend equivalent to about $500 a month. There is also the opportunity for internship credit, subject to university policies.

I have attached our outreach poster, and the application information can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/wildernessvolunteer

I would greatly appreciate if you could share this opportunity with your student base. Thank you for your time and support in helping us find passionate wilderness stewards!

Katlyn (Kate) White 🌼

Forestry Technician (Wilderness Ranger and Volunteer Coordinator)

US Forest Service, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, Wenatchee River Ranger District

600 Sherbourne St
Leavenworth, WA 98826
www.fs.fed.us

Caring for the land and serving people

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the FWFjobs archives or Join/Leave the list go to: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/fwfjobs.html