From: Extension Service Personnel Officers in the Southern Region <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Nikki Kurdys
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] Employee Appreciation?

Hi All,
I hope you are doing well, I'm excited to see you in Delaware next month!

I have a question for the group....
What do you do for employee appreciation for your county based employees? Our University does different events on campus every year and we try to model those for our county offices but we always struggle with trying to do something really meaningful for them.

For a couple of years we sent all of the county offices a budget to do a lunch or ice cream party or something like that. It had mixed reviews. I think mainly because we have so many supervisors and they aren't all "into" appreciation.

We've also tried give away items, but with 101 locations getting stuff out there can be a challenge. Plus for everyone that would love a hat or mug...there is one that will  hate it.

Do you have anything that really works? I know we can't make everyone happy, but if we can get a larger % of happy people I'd be thrilled.

Thanks
Nikki

--

Nikki Kurdys, SPHR, SHRM-SCP

Asst. Extension Director, HR and Operational Strategy
NC State University
NC Cooperative Extension

Campus Box 7917

Raleigh, NC 27695

https://extensionhr.ces.ncsu.edu/

See someone doing great work?  PAWS and Say Thanks<https://hr.ncsu.edu/extraordinary-pack/paws-and-say-thanks/>

Phone: 919.515.1382
Fax: 919.513.2617

[N.C. Cooperative Extension Logo_Stacked color_No shadow]