From: CLIMLIST <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Steven Quiring via CLIMLIST <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CLIMLIST] Vacancy: Funded PhD in water isotope tracing of atmospheric rivers at Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
CLIMLIST Mailing Number 24-03-22
Origin: Pete Akers <[log in to unmask]>
***** DO NOT USE REPLY FUNCTION *****
***** REPEAT - DO NOT USE REPLY! *****
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We are currently seeking applicants for a fully-funded PhD student to join
the ISO-TAISE (Isotopic tracing of atmospheric rivers and Irish storm
extremes) project to begin in September 2024. This student will be enrolled
in the Geography doctoral program in the School of Natural Sciences at
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, where the research component of their PhD
will fulfill the goals laid out in the ISO-TAISE project. The deadline for
shortlisting applicants for this PhD position is 15 Apr 2024.

The project will develop a water isotope monitoring program in Dublin,
Ireland, focused on a continuous vapor record and discrete precipitation
and stream water sampling. The overarching goal is to use our isotopic
monitoring to trace the moisture dynamics of atmospheric rivers and other
extreme precipitation events that impact Ireland. The PhD student will head
much of the isotopic analysis and interpretation. Funds provided include a
€25,000 annual stipend, EU fees covered for the university, and annual
support for the student to attend conferences.

The position is broadly open to students with a background in environmental
science, climatology, hydrology, or a similar discipline. Prior stable
isotope analysis experience is not required (but would be valued in an
applicant).

The full job call is available at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.tcd.ie/media/tcd/geography/pdfs/PhD-Call-ISO_TAISE.pdf__;!!KGKeukY!04A9lw8TOscDSxua_CKZ64oqXtUZVNxhREw-RO_NA2TGipOqrZz3OdqH_dmrQcXnX0K2p_tzX8CFWhayTG8U$ . Any
questions about the position can be addressed to Pete D. Akers at
[log in to unmask] Please share with any interested parties.

Pete D. Akers
Assistant Professor of Physical Geography
Geography | School of Natural Sciences | Trinity College Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
Email: [log in to unmask]