Hello Geographers and Sustainers,

I'm sharing the link for the annual Great Smoky Mountains National Park Science Colloquium, featuring research by UTK faculty and students and others on various aspects of our wonderfully diverse national park next door.  The colloquium is March 7, virtual via Zoom, and everyone is invited (and it's free!).

https://dlia.org/event/colloquium-2024/

During the early days of Covid what had been an annual in-person conference became a virtual event, and the coordinators have opted to keep it that way, making it easy to attend one session or many.

Check out the schedule and if you want to attend, register to get the Zoom link.

For undergraduates who have never attended a scientific conference, this free online one might be a good introduction.

Cheers,

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography & Sustainability
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925  U.S.A.