A research opportunity for next semester:

The AJRC has launched our inaugural curricular offering for the Fall 2024 semester, the Appalachian Justice Research Lab (AJRL)! We’re excited to share this with you and hope that you’ll pass along the information below to your students.

What is the AJRL? The AJRL is a transdisciplinary space for community justice research based upon an innovative merging of community collaborative research and a clinical legal model. Students from multiple disciplines will work under the supervision of faculty (including several of y'all!) and in collaboration with community partners to conduct research and produce work products that support the needs and policy priorities of marginalized communities in urban and rural Appalachia.

Undergraduate & graduate students in any discipline, including law students, can apply for the Fall 2024 AJRL by taking the following steps:

Attached is a graphic you can share on your Canvas page or via email. You can also follow the AJRC on Instagram & facebook and join the AJRC mailing list to stay in the loop.

Thank you for your help spreading the word about this new course!

Michelle, Wendy, & Tory

Tory Mills, she/her
Transdisciplinary Program Manager
Appalachian Justice Research Center