Good Morning Geographers, Sustainers, and GIST Students,

Please see below and attached for an event coming up next week that I think many of you will be interested in. The guest speaker, Mary Anne Hitt, is one of the cofounders of SPEAK, an organization many of you participate in, as well as the host for the climate podcast No Place Like Home.

MC

From: Nagle, Nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2024 9:52 AM
To: GeogFaculty <[log in to unmask]>; GeogGrads <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Freeberg, Todd M <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: Reminder! March 25 talk - "Not Too Late: Climate Solutions for this Pivotal Decade"

Hello Geography & Sustainability,
Please share this seminar on Monday night with your students. It will be relevant to many of our classes and you might consider giving credit to students who attend.
Marry Anne Hitt is a UT alumna, and a Senior Director at Climate Imperative. Before that, she was Senior Director of Sierra Club’s Beyond Coal initiative. And at one point she was the executive director of Appalachian Voices where she helped it to become one of the leading voices on energy and environment in Appalachia and beyond.

Nicholas

Nicholas N Nagle
Professor & Head, Dept of Geography & Sustainability

304C Burchfiel Geography Building
Department of Geography & Sustainability
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville, TN 37996

Phone: 865-974-6035
Schedule an appointment: www.calendly.com/nnagle