“Co-located Services in the Academic Library”
Wednesday, February 14, 2024
11:00am central / 12:00pm eastern
Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/82236960986

Join your colleagues from Tennessee academic libraries for an informal and interactive virtual discussion about our experiences working with other institutional partners in our library spaces. Many of us host centers for teaching and learning, writing centers, testing programs, or tutoring operations.  Others have reluctantly accepted a coffee shop or expanded food service point. Valentine’s Day seems a perfect opportunity to talk about what we love… and what has proven to be a bad romance.

This moderated drop-in session is open to all and sponsored by the College and University Libraries Roundtable of the Tennessee Library Association.  The group, soon to be recast as the Academic Libraries Roundtable, is looking to revitalize the role of academic libraries in TNLA to create a forum for statewide networking, professional development, scholarly exchange, and continuing education. The February 14 event is one of a series of informal zoom drop-in discussions of topics of interest to academic libraries across the state.

Advance registration is not required. Moderators will also gage interest in the scheduling and content of future drop-in zoom events, as well as session ideas for the TNLA annual conference scheduled for April 2-4, 2024, in Franklin.

TNLA Academic Libraries Roundtable
Executive Board, 2023-24
  Becky Frank, chair, Volunteer State University
  Kelly Tilton, past chair, Motlow State Community College
  Susan Jennings, at-large representative, Chattanooga State Community College
  Lydia Gwyn, east TN representative, East Tennessee State University
  Rob Bell, middle TN representative, Tennessee State University
  Erik Nordberg, west TN representative, University of Tennessee at Martin