Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers – Tennessee State Parks is recruiting for PAID internship positions as seasonal interpretive rangers. For those of you looking for opportunities to work outdoors while sharing your love of geography and sustainability, this could be a really good opportunity. Deadline is February 21.

MC

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2024 10:00 AM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Student Employment Opportunities with Tennessee State Parks

TN State Parks have some incredible summer opportunities for students!

TN State Parks have some incredible summer opportunities for students!

Tennessee State Parks

Incredible Opportunities for Student Employment With Tennessee State Parks

Seasonal Interpretive Ranger. Learn, Explore, Lead.

Job Openings Across the State

Are your students interested in working outdoors at a Tennessee State Park this summer? Applications are now available for Seasonal Interpretive Ranger positions!

Seasonal Interpretive Rangers provide educational programs for park guests such as guided tours, hikes, workshops, canoe floats, demonstrations, campfires, children's programs and other outdoor activities. They assist Park Rangers in the protection of natural and cultural resources of the parks.

Candidates must have completed enough college credits to be considered a rising Junior or higher. Additionally, they should enjoy outdoor activities and be comfortable working with the public. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply!

APPLICATIONS

*The deadline to apply for this opportunity is February 21st, 2024.

Help Your Students Build Experience With Tennessee State Parks

Diverse Experiences for Diverse Students

Job duties vary by park, but all positions provide networking opportunities, direct work with natural and cultural resources, and the opportunity to lead different outdoor adventures.

Many of these positions are filled by college students studying natural resources, parks & recreation, biology, anthropology, archaeology, conservation, criminal justice, history, cultural studies, ecology, and related fields.

Starting pay for a Seasonal Interpreter Ranger is $16.57/hour.

LEARN MORE

Day in the life of a Seasonal Interpretive Ranger. Watch the video.

Take a look at the experiences that a Seasonal Interpretive Ranger may encounter during their time at Tennessee State Parks.

WATCH VIDEO

West Tennessee, David Haggard.

EMAIL

Middle Tennessee, Katie Wisniewski

EMAIL

East Tennessee, Meg Guy

EMAIL

Tennessee State Parks

Facebook

Instagram

Linkedin

YouTube

Twitter

Visit our blog for more outdoor inspiration!

Want better emails? Tell us what you love doing outdoors and we'll personalize your emails.

Got this as a forward? Sign up for future emails.

We respect your privacy. If this message has reached you by error or you no longer wish to receive our messages, click here to unsubscribe.

[log in to unmask]">Contact us with any questions!

Manage your preferences | Opt Out using TrueRemove™
View this email online.

William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower 312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue | Nashville, TN 37243 US

This email was sent to [log in to unmask].
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.