PebbleGo Pulse

Winter Activities and Inspiration
with brand new updates to the PebbleGo experience

We’d love to use this year's first update to tell you how much we appreciate you! We’re looking forward to supporting another year of creative, educational fun in 2024. This update includes articles and activities to inspire winter lessons with your learners. Plus, some exciting updates to the PebbleGo experience that are brand new for 2024!  Check out PebbleGo on TEL and TEL4U.org!

New Features on PebbleGo
Kid-friendly Design

We design PebbleGo for kids! To enhance their experience, we’ve added new ‘Hover’ and ‘Click’ animations with sound effects that make PebbleGo even more engaging for kids to navigate. These new animations and sounds reinforce ‘Cause and Effect’ relationships- essentially showing young learners that they have the power to make things happen in the digital realm!

Custom Settings 🔇
Turning sounds on and off

Settings

These new sounds and animations are fantastic for independent student navigation, but in a group setting or without headphones, you might want to turn the sounds off. You can do this by navigating to the top right corner, clicking ‘Capstone’, and tapping ‘Sounds’ or ‘Animations’ once. Tap again to turn these features back on.

Animals in Winter 🐧
Featured PebbleGo Article

PebbleGo’s article Animals in Winter provides a great foundation for discussion of scientific topics like migration, hibernation, and camouflage. What animals do your students think of when you ask them to name winter animals? Available in English & Spanish!

Animals in Winter

Lesson Plan Ideas:

PebbleGo Social Studies -  My Own Presidential Candidate

PebbleGo Science – Eco System Sorting Chart

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke | TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

P 615-532-4627

F 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

Our Core Values:  Exceptionalism – Collaboration – Integrity – Stewardship

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Website: https://sos.tn.gov/

Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.