Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers – Please see the note below from one of our graduates, Heewon Chea, about internship opportunities with TDOT. In addition to Heewon’s team, there appear to be several other internship opportunities that would be a good fit for many of you.

From: Heewon Chea <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2024 6:17 PM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Summer Intern Opportunity at TDOT - Nashville, TN.

You don't often get email from [log in to unmask]. Learn why this is important

Hello Michael,

My team, Forecasting Office from TDOT, is looking for two interns for this summer.

The primary responsibility would be the data preparation for the next version of the Statewide Travel Demand Model for TN. We prefer candidates who can work with ESRI products and TransCAD, and I think many students from the Department of Geography and Sustainability – UTK are well qualified for this position.

I've included the link with details for someone interested. Would you please share this with any of your students? Feel free to contact me if you or anyone else has questions.

I hope you stay warm and safe.

Best regards,

Heewon Chea