Library Director - Maury County Public Library System

Position Type: Full-time, On-site

The Maury County Public Library System is seeking a dynamic and experienced Library Director to lead our vibrant and community-focused library system. As the Library Director, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the main library and branch library operations, planning outreach activities, managing budgets, and interacting with our diverse community of library patrons. The Director will be required to prepare and submit grant applications to support library operations, oversee the ordering of materials and supplies for both main and branch libraries, ensure compliance with all state laws, Library Board policies, and other regulations and stay current with trends and innovations in library science and administration. Complete job description is attached.

Applicants should possess the following necessary requirements:  Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (Master’s Degree in Library Science preferred) with a minimum of five years' experience working for a public library. The ideal candidate should possess strong supervisory, organizational, and interpersonal skills, experience in budget preparation and monitoring, proficiency in technology, including web design and social media.

If you are a passionate and experienced library professional with a commitment to community engagement, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to lead the Maury County Public Library System. The minimum annual salary is $71,000/yr. Salary commensurate with experience. To apply and view the complete job description, visit www.maurycounty-tn.gov.