Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers – See below for a recycling focused event coming up next week here on campus.

MC

From: Price, Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2023 8:41 AM
To: Craven, Julia Anne <[log in to unmask]>; Cornelius, Luke <[log in to unmask]>; Morrison, Savannah Joy <[log in to unmask]>; Do, Anthony <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: McKinney, Michael L <[log in to unmask]>; Hinten, Melissa Talley <[log in to unmask]>; Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>; Miner, Wyatt Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: America Recycles Day 11/15 3-6pm at UTK's Recycling Drop-Off

Julia, Luke, Savannah, Anthony, and other student leaders,

Just thought I’d reach out (late, sorry) to see if you or anyone from your orgs or other student orgs you might know or work with might want to come out for the UT Office of Sustainability’s celebration of America Recycles Day next Wed, 11/15 at the UTK Public Recycling Drop-Off. If you’re not familiar, that’s at the UT Warehouse at 2121 Stephenson Drive, dock 25. Same building as Parking and Transportation Services, but on the other end.

We’ll be out there from 3-6pm next Wed 11/15. We’re partnering with Keep Knoxville Beautiful (KKB), and right now have Fourth&Glass (who will have their little glass-to-sand crusher out there) and I believe KnoxFill who are also coming. We’ll have food and a live-remote from WUTK radio. We’re sending out radio blasts on WUOT and WUTK radio stations starting this week.

We’re promoting recycling in general, but particularly focusing on the items that are harder to recycle that we take like plastic film, electronics, batteries, and glass bottles/jars.

Let me know if you or your orgs are able/want to participate. We’d love to have you come out, even just for part of the time.

Thanks!

-Jay

Jay Price, MS, MBA, CEFP, PEM
Pronouns: he/him/his

Sustainability Manager

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Sustainability

Facilities Services Department
2040 Sutherland Ave

O: 865-974-3480 / C: 865-200-7662

sustainability.utk.edu

The land on which we live and work is part of the traditional territory of the Tsalagi peoples (now Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, and United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians) and Tsoyaha peoples (Yuchi, Muscogee Creek).