Hi all,

Please see below opportunity from NCAR.

Best,
Kelsey

From: Jerry Cyccone <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2023 1:13 PM
To: Vernon Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: *Applications Now Open* 2024 NCAR Earth System Science Internship

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to announce that the NCAR Earth System Science Internship (NESSI) is now accepting applications from undergraduate and graduate students. The NESSI program is hosted by NCAR Education, Engagement & Early-Career Development and offers students interested in the Earth system sciences an opportunity to conduct research with NCAR scientists from across all labs on a wide range of topics including but not limited to atmospheric science, computational science, engineering, and solar & space physics. Our program is designed to support and promote Earth system science through research, mentoring, and community building. The application deadline is January 6, 2024. Please share with your networks and any students that you think might be interested.

NESSI seeks to involve students from groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences, including Black or African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Hispanic or Latino, female, first-generation college students, veterans, LGBTQIA+ students, and students with disabilities.

Please see our NESSI webpage for more details. Also, visit NCAR|UCAR's webpage for information about all of our programs for students and postdocs. If you have any questions about the NESSI or any of our student programs, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Jerry Cyccone

--
Jerry M. Cyccone (he/they)
NCAR Education, Engagement & Early-Career Development

I acknowledge that the land I live and work on is the Traditional Territory of the Arapaho, Cheyenne, Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) and Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱ (Ute)Colorado's Front Range is a contemporary and traditional site of trade and gathering for many Indigenous peoples.