The I-9 form has been updated - Beginning November 1, 2023, only the new Form I 9 dated "08/01/23" (found in the bottom left-hand corner) may be used.  I-9 Express will automatically update the form that is used so if you are completing the I-9 electronically through I-9 Express, the system will ensure you are using the correct form.  The updated form and instructions can be found here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9

Completing reverifications to update an employee's work permission on the paper form has also been updated.  Instructions on how to complete the revised form can be found here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/complete-correct-form-i-9/completing-supplement-b-reverification-and-rehires-formerly-section-3

Helpful I-9 Processing Tips:

  *   Please be sure to list the correct issuing authority for documents used in Section 2
  *   Please obtain scans of front and back of documents used for Section 2
  *   All scans of documents must be legible / clear when uploaded to I-9 Express
  *   If a notary is being used for a remote I-9, please ask that they do not use their notary stamp on the I-9 form - This will render the form invalid.  The notary must perform the same required actions as an authorized representative and when doing so, should not place their official notary stamp on the I-9 form.
  *   If an employee provides their social security card for their I-9, it must NOT be restricted or have any restrictive wording.
If you have any questions, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .
Thank you!
Everify Team