Happy Halloween –

The scariest thing this time of year – the use of the Chiller and not knowing how to use all of TEL’s resources! Here are some great opportunities to learn more about TEL’s resources. You can find them on the TEL training page (https://tntel.info/library-staff/resource/training). Don’t forget to register for these webinars so if you are not able to attend, you’ll get the link to the recording sent directly to you.

World Book: Support for ELL

Thursday, November 29:30 – 10:00am CT/10:30 – 11:00am ET

Learn how to use World Book Online features to support English Language Learners. With read-aloud functions, translation into over 100 languages, different reading levels, and more there are several tools to help every access content at their given level.

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6778865651997446235

Using Gale Resources to Support Health Sciences

Monday, November 61:00 – 2:00pm CT/2:00 – 3:00pm ET

Join us for an engaging tour of “best bet” Gale resources, including Gale Health and WellnessOneFile: Health and Medicine, and more, that support your Health Sciences studies. Learn the differences between these resources and how they best support students with health science research. In this webinar, we will review best practices for searching, browsing, and using content found within our databases as well as document tools that make it easy to share and export secondary source materials and citations.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QdFWCq5NQauBUZxqKp9CKg#/registration

World Book: Resources for Native American Heritage Month

Wednesday, November 811:30am – 12:00pm/12:30pm – 1:00pm ET

World Book is a great resource in helping you prepare for, educate about, and celebrate Native American Heritage History month! World Book is full of information and activities to help learn about important people, events, and contributions of Native Americans.

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/63170675332292438

World Book: Holidays and Cultural Celebrations

Tuesday, November 1410:00 – 10:30am CT/11:00 – 11:30am ET

Holidays often mean decorations and celebrating - but do you know the history behind them? World Book is full of information and activities to learn about various cultural celebrations. Join us for some inspiration and find out where to access these tools!

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3767857457379364701

Unlocking the Power of AI: Enhancing Research with Gale Resources

Tuesday, November 141:00 – 1:15pm CT/2:00 – 2:15pm ET

While AI may sometimes seem unreliable, there are effective strategies to harness its potential in both library and classroom settings. We invite you to participate in this 15-minute informative webinar, where we will delve into innovative methods for leveraging AI tools to enhance your research experiences within Gale resources, benefiting both educators and students alike.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_433fTj6bQTi4BeKdMX93-A

Explore Enhancements to Gale Presents: Peterson's Test and Career Prep (Upgrade expected 11/13)

Thursday, November 161:00 – 1:45pm CT/2:00 – 2:45pm ET

From the high school or community college student seeking an internship to the white-collar professional thinking about switching careers, Peterson's test prep and career resources are essential tools to help people make the most of the opportunities out there in both the academic and business world. In this session, we will explore the exciting updates and new features that have been introduced to this comprehensive online resource. Discover how to navigate the updated interface, access new tools to help users set testing and career goals, reach more patrons with new Spanish navigation, and plenty of new video content.

By the end of this training, you will be equipped with the knowledge and strategies to leverage the enhanced Peterson's Test and Career Prep resource to support your students' and patrons’ test preparation and career exploration needs.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ySzD5BQUSeGC_fHBHbVkJQ

World Book: Fall eBook Titles

Monday, November 202:00 – 2:30pm CT/3:00 – 3:30pm ET

One of the main benefits of a World Book eBooks subscription is automatic access to our NEW World Book originals! Join us to learn about the new releases this fall which include a new set of "True or False" and a new set of “Cool Tech”. There are also some exciting brand new sets, namely "The Smelly Book Series" and "Fun with Mr. Octopus". We will also take a look at the different classroom resources available for these new titles.

Register at  https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2676878039834877014

World Book: STEM resources in WBO

Thursday, November 301:00 – 1:30pm CT/ Noon – 12:30pm ET

World Book Online has resources available to help meet STEM initiatives in many of our core and supplemental databases. In this webinar, we will look at features to read about STEM topics as well as features for hands-on learning.

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4380989121492407637

World Book: Fun Over Break with WBO

Wednesday, December 1310:00 – 10:30am CT/ 11:00 – 11:30 am ET

World Book Online is great for lessons and education – but there is a lot more inside our digital tools built for fun too! Games, eBooks, digital coloring, at-home activities, and more! Join us to learn about fun and exciting ways to use World Book Online together at home over summer break!

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7962737310345935701

Supporting Your ELL Community with Transparent Language Online

Wednesday, December 2012:00 – 1:00pm CT/ 1:00 – 2pm ET

Does your library support a growing community of English Language Learners (ELLs)? In this webinar, we will discuss the language pairings (30+) available for non-English speakers to learn at the beginner level, as well as discuss higher-level content for English learners, including Intermediate and Advanced Conversations in English and our American Citizenship Test Prep Course.

Register at https://home.transparent.com/library-webinars

Supporting Young Learners with Transparent Language Online

Thursday, January 11, 20249:00 – 10:00am CT/10:00 – 11:00am ET

Did you know that Transparent Language Online has learning content specifically designed for young learners? In this webinar, we’ll explore the available content for different ages, including K-2, elementary, and teens. We will look at how the content differs for each age range and review what supplemental resources are available.

Register at https://home.transparent.com/library-webinars

Transparent Language Online: Reporting and Marketing

Wednesday, January 17, 202410:00 – 11:00am/11:00 – Noon  ET

Trying to promote and measure interest in Transparent Language Online in your library community? Looking for new promotional ideas? This webinar will focus on running usage reports and marketing Transparent Language Online to your community.

Register at https://home.transparent.com/library-webinars

For those primary source buffs, don’t forget to register for Education Outreach’s Webinar Series - Tennessee Talks: Piecing Together Tennessee History.

This Tennessee Talks Webinar series will be presented by Montana Young. Montana currently teaches Honors US History, AP Seminar, and AP Research in the Shelby County School District. Please join this webinar to learn about the Civil Rights Movement by taking a walk through an interactive map of Tennessee. By using this map students will discover where events took place during this movement in our state. Montana will also discuss how this activity can correspond with our Civil Rights DocsBoxes.

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke | TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

P 615-532-4627

F 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

Our Core Values:  Exceptionalism – Collaboration – Integrity – Stewardship

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Website: https://sos.tn.gov/

Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.