Dear geographers and sustainers,

Jessica Rodocker, an alumni of our department, is the Director of Development and Special Projects for Keep Knoxville Beautiful (KKB). She asked me to share news of the KKB Sustainability summit.

She says, “Y'all should definitely make plans to join me at KKB's Sustainability Summit this year because not only is it going to be about issues you care about like sustainable urban design, planning, development, and parking, there is also FREE LUNCH from Tomato Head! It's Friday, November 3 from 9:00am to 2:00pm, but you don't have to stay the whole time. Flyer attached with all the details, and here is the link to register: https://betterunite.com/keepknoxvillebeautiful-kkbsustainabilitysummit2023

I'm really excited about all the speakers, but one that I'm particularly intrigued to hear is Jack Cebe, Development Manager of The Stitch, a 14-acre elevated park that will span over the downtown connector interstate section in Atlanta.”

Here is the event timeline:

EVENT TIMELINE

9:00 AM - Doors open

9:15 AM - Opening remarks by City of Knoxville Mayor Indya Kincannon

9:45 AM  - Jack Cebe, The Stitch, Atlanta

11:00 AM - Eric Hoke, Urban Designer, Nashville & Kate Cavazza, Urban Designer, Charlotte

12:00 PM - Lunch

12:45 PM - Beverly Bell, Landscape Designer, Chattanooga & Caleb Racicot, Landscape Architect, Atlanta

1:45 PM - Closing remarks

Hopefully some of you can make it!

Best,
Kelsey