Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers,
For those of you interested in pursuing a career related to or using GIS, there is no better organization to get involved with than the Tennessee Geographic Information Council (TNGIC), the state's GIS-focused professional organization. TNGIC is hosting their FREE fall forum<https://www.tngic.org/2023-fall-forums_2> later this month on Tuesday October 17, 2023 at UT Chattanooga. Even though the event is free, you will need to register so they have enough food (yes, lunch is included).

  *   I understand that attending a professional conference may be intimidating, so I'm hosting an informational meeting about what you should expect, what to wear, how the event is organized, etc on Thursday October 11 between 5:00 - 6:00 pm ET in BGB 104. You don't need to be there the entire hour, just stop by as your schedule allows.
  *   If you can't attend in-person, I have a Zoom meeting set up (details below).
  *   Some of you attending may be interested in carpooling to Chattanooga. If you want to carpool with other students, please fill out this very short Google Form<https://forms.gle/kRe2YPgab5jvy1Rd8> so I can help put you all in contact with each other.
  *   If you're asking yourself if you should go, the answer is YES! TNGIC values student participation and wants you to get involved with the organization, meet professional GIS users across the state, and learn about current trends in our industry. Plus there will be many alum from our department there that I'd be happy to introduce you to.

Hi there,

Michael Camponovo is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: TNGIC Fall Forum Informational Meeting
Time: Oct 11, 2023 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/81295561422

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +13017158592,81295561422#  or +13052241968,81295561422#

Or Telephone:
    Dial:
    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
    +1 305 224 1968 (US Toll)
    +1 309 205 3325 (US Toll)
    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
    +1 646 931 3860 (US Toll)
    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
    +1 360 209 5623 (US Toll)
    +1 386 347 5053 (US Toll)
    +1 507 473 4847 (US Toll)
    +1 564 217 2000 (US Toll)
    +1 669 444 9171 (US Toll)
    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
    +1 689 278 1000 (US Toll)
    +1 719 359 4580 (US Toll)
    +1 253 205 0468 (US Toll)
    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 812 9556 1422
    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/kcL2lVteTK

Or an H.323/SIP room system:
    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)
    Meeting ID: 812 9556 1422

    SIP: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Michael Camponovo
GIS Outreach Coordinator and GIST Program Director
Department of Geography and Sustainability, University of Tennessee Knoxville
https://gislab.utk.edu/