Dear Geographers and Sustainers,

I will have several opportunities for students to earn course credit in Geography 494: Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Spring 2024, working with me and my graduate students on projects focused on long-term fire, vegetation, and climate history in the eastern U.S. and circum-Caribbean region.  Credit is awarded based on the time you put ineach credit hour requires an average of 3 hours of work each week of the term.  Reading about the research and completing safety and other training will count for some of your hours.

Geography 494 is a great way for you to get involved in ongoing research projects in our department.  Often this is a first step toward independent studies including honors theses, or paid research positions.  Email me, Professor Sally Horn ([log in to unmask]), if you are interested.

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography & Sustainability
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925  U.S.A.