Dear Geography and Sustainability Community,

I hope everyone's semester is going well. As registration for Spring 2024 approaches, please allow me to announce a course to be offered for the first time at UTK: GEOG 421, Maps, Society, and Power. I have attached a promotional slide and please see information below for more information.  Students from all sub-fields (physical/environmental, human, geospatial, and sustainability) are welcome.

Best wishes,
Dr. Alderman

GEOG 421 - Maps, Society, Power
3 Credit Hours
Exploration of maps as historical and contemporary technologies of social power and resistance; wider political lives and place-making power of maps; ethical and social justice implications of cartography and geospatial analysis.

Derek H. Alderman, PhD
He / Him / His
Professor of Geography<http://geography.utk.edu/about-us/faculty/dr-derek-alderman/>, Dept. of Geography & Sustainability
President-Elect, Faculty Senate