Dear Geographers and Sustainers,

  Please look at what is going on at the McClung this week.  Most importantly, they are accepting applications for internships, due on Oct. 27th.  If you are interested I strongly recommend applying!

have a great week!

Solange.

From: Malone, Katy <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2023 9:37 AM
Subject: McClung Museum Tintype Photography Demo + Internships

Greetings, colleagues –

I wanted to send three quick reminders.

First, this Wednesday, October 25, our Student Advisory Board is hosting a program called “Tintype: History and Process.” We invite your students (and you!) to meet with local artist, Kelsey Dillow, as she demos processing tin type photography. Also, UT librarian and co-founder of TAMIS, Louisa Trott, will join her to show a variety of historic photos and to talk through the evolution of photography and film. It will be fun, casual, and informative.

Second, our call for interns is open! This is the last week for applications; they are due by Friday, October 27. Please continue to share this opportunity with your students. There are several positions that may be of interest to a variety of majors.

Lastly, we are a proud host for one of the One Humanities and Health programs. Join us Friday evening for “Embodied Cinema”.

I have attached flyers that you can share for the first two. If you have any questions, please let me know.

-Katy

Katy Malone

(she/ her/ hers)

Manager of Education & Community Engagement,

Curator of Academic Programs

McClung Museum of Natural History & Culture

University of Tennessee

1327 Circle Park Drive

Knoxville, TN 37996

(865) 974-2416

The land upon which the University of Tennessee-Knoxville is built is part of the traditional territory of the Aniyunwiya peoples (now Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, Cherokee Nation, and United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians in Oklahoma), Tsoyahá peoples (Yuchi, Muscogee Nation), and Shawnee peoples (Absentee Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma,  Eastern Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma, and the Shawnee Tribe).