From: Gellert, Paul Kenneth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2023 3:05 PM
Subject: 15 October 2023 Global Studies blast!

Hi Global Studies community,

It’s gonna be a busy week… so I’m sending this week’s blast out early.

TOMORROW (MONDAY)

-          Study Abroad fair begins at noon

-          At 2 pm join us for David Smilde’s US in the Globe series talk on The Paradox of Violence in Venezuela!

TUESDAY learn about disinformation and news silos

WEDNESDAY Siddiqi lecture

FRIDAY (via zoom) modern day slavery in Brazil

FOLLOWING MONDAY learn from South Africans about how to move beyond toxic polarization

For all the details on this and more see below,

Paul / Prof Gellert

Paul Gellert, Ph.D.

Professor of Sociology

Director of Global Studies

University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Declare Global Studies major or minor: http://tiny.utk.edu/DeclareGLBS

Follow our Youtube channel

The University of Tennessee-Knoxville is built upon part of the traditional territory of the Tsalagi peoples (now Eastern Band of Cherokee, Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, and United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee) and Tsoyaha peoples (Yuchi, Muscogee Creek), an ongoing and living presence in the region and beyond.

FOR STUDENTS

VolsAbroad Fair | October 16 | 12:00–3:00pm | Student Union Ballroom (272)