Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers – I want to take a moment and introduce you to our brand-new GIS Lab Manager, Tim Kane. (I’ve never been more happy to be demoted in my entire life.) Some of you may recognize Tim because he is a two-time graduate from UTK and spent countless hours working in our labs and for Dr. Bruce Ralston. Tim brings an excellent combination of practical GIS applications, research skills, and a deep understanding of geospatial hardware to the department. For those of you interested in physical geography or opportunities working for the federal government, Tim provided real-time GIS support to wildland firefighters in the Western US. For those of you interested in transportation or working in the private sector, Tim worked for a certain fruit-based IT company as part of their maps team. And for those of you interested in learning more about what it takes to be successful while working remotely (and all the benefits that come along with being remote), Tim spent time working remote and living around the United States taking advantage of the best food and public transportation he could find. I am very excited that Tim is part of our team, and even more excited that Tim is now responsible for the IT issues in BGB 406 😉.

Please stop by BGB 108 and say hello to Tim… and send all your HDMI problems to [log in to unmask].

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator, Acting GIS Lab Manager, and GIST Program Director

Department of Geography and Sustainability, University of Tennessee Knoxville

https://gislab.utk.edu/