FYI!!

________________________________
From: Navarro Romero, Betsabe <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 10:57 AM
To: Navarro Romero, Betsabe <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Hispanic Film Festival at UT

Dear all,

I am glad to announce the 4th edition of the Hispanic Film Festival of which I am the organizer. The festival will start next week screening 1 film per week every Thursday from October 12 to November 9 at 6:30pm in the Lindsay Young Auditorium (Hodges Library). We'll count on UT professors as guest speakers to introduce the films and lead post-screening discussions.

The Film Festival is lucky to be the recipient of several internal and external grants (Pragda Grant, Diversity and Engagement Grant) and has received sponsorship from 8 departments across campus.

Please forward this information among faculty members in your departments and students. THANK YOU ALL! (poster attached):

The Hispanic Film Fest will be featuring five independent award-winning films in Spanish with English subtitles. The Hispanic Film Fest seeks to enrich the moviegoer experience by presenting UT professors as guest speakers before the screenings. The festival was granted with a Pragda Grant. Every Thursday in October and November, at 6:30pm (Lindsay Young Auditorium 101 Hodges Library). Contact Dr. Betsabé Navarro ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). FREE ADMISSION. Website: tiny.utk.edu/filmfest

​Betsabé Navarro, PhD. | Senior Lecturer ~ Course Manager (she/her)

First Year Spanish 111-112 | HISPANIC FILM FEST organiser

Zoom office hours HERE<https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/98476034500>. My WEBSITE: www.betsabenavarro.com<http://www.betsabenavarro.com>

Department of World Languages and Cultures

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

McClung Tower 607