Hello Barb,
I keep reading your work as a missing piece in our understanding of
ranaviruses. While Craig Brunetti and Leon Grayfer work in the same space
and a few others know about you, I believe the GRC as a whole would benefit
from your discoveries. I had put forward your name as a keynote speaker for
last year GARD and I think this year GRC may be a great opportunity for
you, or your students to present (and it's virtual and free which makes the
logistics even easier; see below).

On a personal note, I would love to discuss a collaboration with you on the
idea of local adaptation to viral strains if you have time for a chat in
the next little while.

Best,
david

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 4:52 PM Jacques Robert <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> We have extended registration deadline to September 30 for the GRC Webinar
> and Virtual Workshop on Ranavirus, October 14-15, 2023. So, we encourage
> you and your students to register and submit an abstract.
>
> All the information to about this conference and about registration
> (including a link to the website for registration) can be found on the
> attached document on the GRC website at https://www.ranavirus.org/
>
> Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
>
> Jacques, Leon and Joe
>

> The Global Ranavirus Consortium (GRC), in collaboration with Partners in
> Amphibian & Reptile Conservation (PARC), organize two overlapping events:
> (1) a Webinar on ranaviruses, followed by (2) a Virtual Workshop on
> ranaviruses, held on Saturday, October 14th and Sunday, October 15th, 2023.
>
> Please send us your title and abstract no later than September 30. To
> register for one or both events, and to submit to your title/abstract,
> please follow this link:
> https://qualtrics.nau.edu/jfe/form/SV_e2rJRpV32txpfdY

"It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place."

Dr. David Lesbarrères
Environment and Climate Change Canada - Biodiversity and Conservation
Scientist
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biology - Laurentian University
Sudbury, Ontario P3B 3C8, Canada
<https://maps.google.com/?q=935+Ramsey+Lake+Road,+Sudbury,+Ontario+P3E+2C6,+Canada&entry=gmail&source=g>
phone: 705- <7056751151>677-9124, @sudburyfrog

[image: Displaying image001.png]
*https://tiny.utk.edu/GARD22 <https://tiny.utk.edu/GARD22>*
https://twitter.com/GARD2022
<https://twitter.com/GARD2022>

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE <https://laurentian.ca/confidentiality> - AVIS:
COURRIEL CONFIDENTIEL. You can view the confidentiality terms at