Good Afternoon Geogrpahers and Sustainers - This is a reminder that the STEM Job Fair is taking place this afternoon in the student union building. Even though some of you may not self-identity as STEM, the organizations attending the career fair are looking for people with your skills, knowledge, and background in geography, sustainability, and GIS. I reviewed the descriptions for all the organizations attending and put together the list below of organizations I would want to speak with if I was looking for post-graduation jobs and internships. Keep in mind that the people at the career fair are often from the organization's human resources department so may not know much about your specific skills and background. If you download and sign in to the Handshake app, you can scan the QR code at each employer to share your contact information with them. This will also help you keep track of which organizations you spoke with.

  *   Athena
  *   AVEVA
  *   Avient
  *   Benesch
  *   Bowman
  *   Cannon and Cannon (UTK Alum Meghan Durham works here)
  *   ESRI* Met with the ESRI recruiter, Liz Joseph, this morning. She is a wonderful resource and a pleasure to speak with.
  *   LJA Engineering (several TNGIC members work here)
  *   ORISE (this is the organization that recruits for and hires for internships and jobs at many federal agencies like the EPA plus the national labs)
  *   TDEC (several TNGIC members work here)
  *   USACE

Michael Camponovo
GIS Outreach Coordinator and GIST Program Director
Department of Geography and Sustainability, University of Tennessee Knoxville
https://gislab.utk.edu/