Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers – Please see the note below from the Office of Sustainability to learn about a number of paid and volunteer opportunities with their team.

MC

From: Price, Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2023 4:17 PM
To: McKinney, Michael L <[log in to unmask]>; Hinten, Melissa Talley <[log in to unmask]>; Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>; Chen, Jiangang <[log in to unmask]>; Moats, Brad <[log in to unmask]>; Eash, Neal <[log in to unmask]>; Wszelaki, Annette Lynn <[log in to unmask]>; Willcox, Adam Sage <[log in to unmask]>; Franklin, Jennifer Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Loftlin, Victoria <[log in to unmask]>; Myers, Kathryn <[log in to unmask]>; Moats, Brad <[log in to unmask]>; Byrne, Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Volunteers and Student Workers needed for Office of Sustainability

Hello Professors!
I hope you all are settling into the fall semester and things are going well for you. It’s been a crazy start for the Office of Sustainability, and now we’re gearing up for football games!

We’re needing lots of volunteers, particularly for football games!

We have several interns lined up, but could always use more.

Plus, we have 5 paid regular student worker positions open and 13 paid Work Study positions open, so lots of opportunity for folks to get paid doing meaningful work on campus!

And, we’re always looking for great projects to improve the sustainability of campus, and have lots of money in the Green Fee.

If you could pass along the message below to students in your classes and programs, as well as other colleagues who would be willing to do the same, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

Students,

The UT Office of Sustainability has significant needs for volunteers, particularly for football gamedays.

They are also seeking interns AND paid student workers to carry on the great work they do on campus. They have 18 paid positions available RIGHT NOW! It’s all a great way to gain experience in the field and improve campus!

Volunteers can be one-time or on-going: https://sustainability.utk.edu/take-action/volunteer-opportunities/

Unpaid Internships for a higher level of commitment (~5 hrs/wk): https://sustainability.utk.edu/take-action/guide_ut_sustainability_internship_program/

Paid positions for the highest level of commitment (~10-20 hrs/wk): https://sustainability.utk.edu/take-action/work-with-us/

Have an idea for improving the sustainability of campus that requires funding?

Submit a proposal for funding to the Green Fee here: https://sustainability.utk.edu/funding-opportunities/

Contact the Office of Sustainability ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Jay Price, MS, MBA, CEFP, PEM
Pronouns: he/him/his

Sustainability Manager

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Sustainability

Facilities Services Department
2040 Sutherland Ave

O: 865-974-3480 / C: 865-200-7662

sustainability.utk.edu

The land on which we live and work is part of the traditional territory of the Tsalagi peoples (now Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, and United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians) and Tsoyaha peoples (Yuchi, Muscogee Creek).