Dear Geography and Sustainability Community,

A final reminder that on Thursday our Dept. will host Dr. Patricia Ehrkamp, Professor of Geography at University of Kentucky and Vice-President (President-Elect) of the American Association of Geographers.

Dr. Ehrkamp will deliver our fall semester Hammond Distinguished Lecture, named and funded in honor of the late Edwin and Elizabeth Hammond.  Her Hammond lecture (see attached flier) is entitled “'Let's Not Do That Again!'

Tensions in Researching the Work of Trauma of War and Refugee Resettlement” and it will be held in Walters Academic Building M309 to start at 4:05pm on Sept. 7.

Please also note that Dr. Ehrkamp has graciously agreed to meet with students as part of the Lillian Stimson Mentoring Lunch (for more on who Lillian Stimson was and why she is important, please see). A hearty thank you to Stephanie Insalaco and Alex Logan for helping lead the organization of the lunch, which will be in BGB 104 at 12 noon, also on Sept 7.

For those new to our Department, the Hammond Lecture series is one of our community’s special events—a chance to meet and learn from the field’s most accomplished scholars, educators, and professionals. I hope you enjoy it.

Best wishes,

DA

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

He / Him / His

Professor of Geography, Dept. of Geography & Sustainability

President-Elect, Faculty Senate

University of Tennessee

Voice: (865) 974-0406

Member, Federal Advisory Committee on Reconciliation in Place Names (DOI)

Founder, Tourism RESET

Past President, American Association of Geographers (2017-18)

Email: [log in to unmask], Twitter/X: @MLKStreet

https://derekalderman.com/