Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers – My friend Wil Tollefson (cc’ed) from ETSU is recruiting students for the upcoming SEDAAG World Geography Bowl in Norfolk. If you’re planning on going to SEDAAG, please reach out to Wil for details on how to join the team.

MC

From: Tollefson, William Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2023 11:05 AM
To: trq332 <[log in to unmask]>; Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; Dorian J Burnette (djbrntte) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SEDAAG World Geography Bowl TN Team

Hi Everyone,

I was emailing because I will be coordinating the TN team for the World Geography Bowl at the SEDAAG conference this year. The website lists Andrew Joyner at ETSU, but I'll be doing it this time. If you know of any students (undergraduate or graduate) who will be attending the conference in Norfolk and are interested in participating, please share my contact info with them ([log in to unmask]). The geography bowl will take place Sunday mid-day to afternoon. We need to have a team that has at least 6 players (we can alternate some players if there are more than that) comprised of a mix of schools, genders, and grad/undergrad students playing in each round.

As a pitch to get them interested, the highest-scoring students will be invited to be a part of SEDAAG’s team at AAG in Honolulu in 2024. Those students who represent SEDAAG on the team at AAG will receive travel funding from both SEDAAG and the AAG, which will be a big help since the AAG Conference is so far away this year.

Also, if someone else in your department would know better who is attending or if you know anyone at other schools in TN that may be sending students to SEDAAG, feel free to forward this message to them.

Thanks,

-Wil Tollefson

Lecturer, Department of Geosciences

East Tennessee State University