FYI – A forum on sustainability.

Best,

Shih-Lung

From: I-GUIDE Institute <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2023 9:04 AM
To: Shaw, Shih-Lung <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: REGISTRATION IS OPEN · I-GUIDE Forum 2023 · Harnessing the Geospatial Data Revolution for Sustainability Solutions

I-GUIDE Forum 2023 · October 4-6, 2023 · Columbia University, New York City

With a focus on sustainability, the I-GUIDE Forum 2023: Harnessing the Geospatial Data Revolution for Sustainability Solutions will addresses critical scientific and societal challenges related to climate change, biodiversity loss, and food and water insecurity.

Registration is now OPEN for the 2023 NSF I-GUIDE Forum, Harnessing the Geospatial Data Revolution for Sustainability Solutions coming up October 4th through 6th at The Forum at Columbia University, New York, NY.

The I-GUIDE Forum 2023 will bring together a diverse array of speakers and cover a wide range of topics, making it an exciting gathering for those interested in the intersection of geospatial science, technology, and sustainability. Participants will experience informative presentations and engaging discussions centered around cutting-edge advancements in geospatial AI and data science. These advancements play a vital role in enabling sustainable development solutions and pushing the frontiers of convergence science. The themes of the forum include:

Frontiers in Convergence and Sustainability Sciences

Digital Transformation of the Workforce

Geospatial AI and Data Science

Cyberinfrastructure for Convergence Research

The 2023 Forum agenda provides an overview of planned sessions and talks for October 5th and 6th as well as the schedule of tutorials and workshops happening on Wednesday, October 4th. For further information, see the 2023 I-GUIDE Forum website.

Registration for the I-GUIDE forum includes complimentary breakfast and lunch for all attendees. I-GUIDE registrants are also eligible to book a room at a discounted price at the nearby Mariot Arlof Harlem Hotel.

The following provides a brief overview of planned sessions and talks taking place at the Forum on October 5th and 6th. View the agenda provided on the Forum's website for the most up-to-date schedule of events.

Thursday, October 5

Plenary Talk: Data-Intensive Convergence and Sustainability Science

▪ Geospatial Computing for Sustainability Sciences (paper session)

▪ Inclusive Education, Training, and Workforce Development (paper session)

▪ Presentations from I-GUIDE Summer School Winners

▪ Panel with the I-GUIDE Council of Geospatial Leaders

▪ Plus additional talks and sessions to be announced

Friday, October 6

Plenary Talk: Geospatial AI - Challenges and Opportunities

Plenary Talk: Democratize Cyberinfrastructure for Convergence Research and Education

▪ Geospatial AI and Data Science for Sustainability Solutions (multiple paper sessions)

▪ Advanced Cyberinfrastructure for Enabling Convergence Research and Education (paper session)

▪ Plus additional talks and sessions to be announced

In addition to two days of presentations and talks, the Forum will be preceeded by a full day of workshops and tutorials on Wednesday, October 4th.

Wednesday, October 4

▪ Building a Scalable Modern GIS Infrastructure

▪ CyberGIS-Compute: Geospatial Middleware for High-Performance Computing

▪ Cyber Training on Geospatial Data Processing using Python

▪ General-Purpose GPU Parallel Programming for Urban Microclimate Analysis

▪ Recent Advances in Pre-Trained Language Models and Geospatial Knowledge Discovery from Text

▪ ScienceCore Heuristics for Open science Outcomes in Learning (SCHOOL): Water Resources Module Development

▪ Understanding Spatial Heterogeneity and Context for Vulnerability Science

How Human Activities are Increasing Flood Risks by Altering the World’s Natural Floodplains

I-GUIDE | Natural History Building, 1062, 1301 W Green St., Urbana, IL 61801

Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.