As we say goodbye to August and summer reading, it’s time to get library cards out to the community. Here are some social media posts and resources to remind members in your community to sign up for a library card!

September is Library Card Sign-up Month.

Here are some resources to spread the word in your community about signing up for library cards this month!

I’ll send TEL bookmarks to the library that has the most sign ups for free! (You know I’ll send them to you even if your library signs up 1 person 😊)

Tennessee Templates

Here are some designs specifically for TN, I’ve shared the templates so if you want to edit them with your library information, please do so! Again, let me know if my Canva posts are helpful!

Suggested tags -#TennesseeLibraries #LibraryCardSignupMonth

National Library Sign-Up Month Resources:

https://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/card

https://ilovelibraries.org/librarycard/

Sample Proclamation (Word doc) | Sample Proclamation in Spanish (Word doc)
Sample Press Release (Word doc) | Sample Press Release in Spanish (Word doc)
8.5" x 11" Mini-poster (PDF) | 8.5" x 11" Mini-poster in Spanish (PDF)
8.5 x11" Mini-poster with space to customize (PDF) | 8.5 x11" Mini-poster with space to customize in Spanish (PDF)
11" x 17" Mini-poster with space to customize (PDF) | 11" x 17" Mini-poster with space to customize in Spanish (PDF)

Coloring Pages

Ember and Wade on Scooter (PDF)
Wade with Element City Library (PDF)
Ember: Fire Up Your Imagination (PDF)

Ready-to-air evergreen audio public service announcements (PSAs) for radio stations, available with the American Library Association ID or customizable versions.

ALA has a number of Elemental themed resources

A Library Card is Elemental

Instagram Share | Instagram Share in Spanish
Instagram Story | Instagram Story in Spanish
Facebook Share | Facebook Share in Spanish
Facebook Cover (properly sized version coming soon)
Twitter Header
Small Square

Fire up your imagination

Instagram Share | Instagram Share in Spanish
Instagram Story | Instagram Story in Spanish
Facebook Share | Facebook Share in Spanish

Dive into learning

Instagram Share | Instagram Share in Spanish
Instagram Story | Instagram Story in Spanish
Facebook Share | Facebook Share in Spanish

Dive into a new hobby

Instagram Share | Instagram Share in Spanish
Instagram Story | Instagram Story in Spanish
Facebook Share | Facebook Share in Spanish

What’s your Library Element - https://ilovelibraries.org/whats-your-library-element/

Andrea Zielke | TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

P 615-532-4627

F 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

Our Core Values:  Exceptionalism – Collaboration – Integrity – Stewardship

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Website: https://sos.tn.gov/

Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.