Hi all,

I wanted to share that I am seeking an undergraduate research assistant for the Fall (2023). The student and I will be working on a project to assess the influences of cold fronts in Caribbean beaches. This position is open to all undergraduate students, and it includes pay of $15/hr for 5-10hrs a week.
Interested students can contact me before applying or apply directly through Handshake (job posting #8123666).

Official Job Description:
Seeking an undergraduate research assistant to work on a project to understand the effects of cold fronts on coastal dynamics in the Caribbean.
The research assistant will be involved in data collection, analysis, remote sensing and GIS training.
This position is open for students from diverse academic backgrounds and levels (Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors, or Seniors may apply.
Candidates should:
  • Have an interest in environmental or coastal studies
  • Some knowledge in GIS preferred (Not required, students will receive training as part of appointment)
  • Some basic knowledge of climate/weather knowledge
Remote work is available, but student should have time to meet at least once a week with project advisor (Dr. Román-Rivera).

Pay is $15 per hour for 5-10 hours a week.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Mayra-

Mayra A. Román-Rivera, PhD (she/her)

Lecturer