The 2023 ALAO Conference Planning Committee is excited to announce that registration is open for our 49th ALAO Annual Conference! The theme for this year's in-person conference is Finding Balance: Hybrid Spaces, New Opportunities & Transformed Missions

findingbalance_2023conference_logo_bothdates_final.png

Conference events and offerings will include:

  • A Virtual ILS Forum & Mini-Conference
  • A Thursday, in-person pre-conference workshop hosted by Pamela Espinosa de los Monteros and Shannon Simpson
  • A Thursday evening social event at the nearby Olentangy River Brewing Company
  • Hybrid simulcast of the conference keynote by Trevor Dawes
  • A Hybrid Track Room at the in-person conference venue where sessions will be simulcast live online throughout the day.

This year’s Conference features a Virtual ILS Forum & Mini-Conference online event - From Consortial to Local: Achieving ILS Migration Objectives at your Local Library - on Friday, October 27, 2023.  The morning forum will address local library ILS project planning efforts and best practices.  The afternoon mini-conference will feature virtual lightning talks and thematic, audience-driven discussions presented by Support, Access and Technical Services professionals.

The in-person portion of the Conference will be held on November 2-3, 2023 at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, Lewis Center, Ohio.  The Thursday, November 2nd in-person pre-conference workshop, Diversity in Focus: New Lenses, New Frames, New Approach, will introduce participants to appreciative inquiry as a model for organizational development and change, as well as thoughtful approaches to active allyship practices through the tenets of design justice.

Join your colleagues this year for the virtual mini-conference, pre-conference workshop, keynote address and engaging presentations, lightning talks and interactive poster sessions.  Full program details and schedules are forthcoming!

Registration Packages & Rates

The 2023 ALAO Conference registration fee structure is designed to make attendance affordable and accessible for all library professionals.  Registration packages for both in-person and online attendance are available.  Please see the conference website for further details.

Register for the Conference by September 18th for early-bird pricing.  The Conference registration deadline is October 13th.

Nationwide Hotel Room Reservations: To receive the conference rate of $139-149, call (614) 880-4300 and use the Group Access Code in your conference registration confirmation email to reserve your room. Special room rates end October 2nd.

Conference Grant Opportunities

ALAO is committed to supporting professional development and encouraging participation in its annual conference.  For the 2023 Conference we have expanded our grant program opportunities to include:

  • NEW - two award opportunities for Technical Services Staff (one for an attendee and one for a presenter) for our pilot TEDSIG/NOTSL Technical Services Conference Grant
  • Two award opportunities for our Support Staff Conference Grant
  • Two award opportunities for our Student Conference Grant

The application deadline for these grants is August  4, 2023.  Recipients will be notified about award decisions by August 11, 2023.

Please Note - In keeping with ongoing COVID safety precautions, attendees will have the option to indicate on nametags their social distancing preferences.

For more information about the 2023 Conference, visit: https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/about

We look forward to seeing you in October/November!