The 2023 ALAO Conference Planning Committee is excited to announce that
registration is open for our 49th ALAO Annual Conference
<https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/about>! The theme for this year's
in-person conference is *Finding Balance: Hybrid Spaces, New Opportunities
& Transformed Missions*.
[image: findingbalance_2023conference_logo_bothdates_final.png]

Conference events and offerings will include:

   - A Virtual ILS Forum & Mini-Conference
   - A Thursday, in-person pre-conference workshop hosted by Pamela
   Espinosa de los Monteros
   <https://sppo.osu.edu/people/espinosadelosmonteros.1> and Shannon Simpson
   - A Thursday evening social event at the nearby Olentangy River Brewing
   Company <https://www.olentangybrew.com/>
   - Hybrid simulcast of the conference keynote by Trevor Dawes
   <https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/speaker>
   - A Hybrid Track Room at the in-person conference venue where sessions
   will be simulcast live online throughout the day.

This year’s Conference features a *Virtual ILS Forum & Mini-Conference* online
event - *From Consortial to Local: Achieving ILS Migration Objectives at
your Local Library*
<https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/mini-conference> *-* on *Friday,
October 27, 2023*.  The morning forum will address local library ILS
project planning efforts and best practices.  The afternoon mini-conference
will feature virtual lightning talks and thematic, audience-driven
discussions presented by Support, Access and Technical Services
professionals.

The *in-person portion of the Conference* will be held on *November 2-3,
2023* at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, Lewis Center, Ohio.  The
Thursday, November 2nd in-person pre-conference workshop, *Diversity in
Focus: New Lenses, New Frames, New Approach*
<https://www.alaoweb.org/event-5335905>, will introduce participants to
appreciative inquiry as a model for organizational development and change,
as well as thoughtful approaches to active allyship practices through the
tenets of design justice.

Join your colleagues this year for the virtual mini-conference,
pre-conference workshop, keynote address and engaging presentations,
lightning talks and interactive poster sessions.  Full program details and
schedules are forthcoming!
Registration Packages & Rates

The 2023 ALAO Conference registration fee structure is designed to make
attendance affordable and accessible for all library professionals.
Registration packages for both in-person and online attendance are
available.  Please see the *conference website*
<https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/about> for further details.

*Register for the Conference by* *September 18th* *for early-bird pricing**.
The Conference registration* *deadline is October 13th.*

*Nationwide Hotel Room Reservations*
<https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/lodging>
*:* To receive the conference rate of $139-149, call (614) 880-4300 and use
the Group Access Code in your conference registration confirmation email to
reserve your room. Special room rates end *October 2nd*.
Conference Grant Opportunities

ALAO is committed to supporting professional development and encouraging
participation in its annual conference.  For the 2023 Conference we have
expanded our grant program opportunities to include:

   - NEW - two award opportunities for Technical Services Staff (one for an
   attendee and one for a presenter) for our pilot TEDSIG/NOTSL Technical
   Services Conference Grant
   - Two award opportunities for our Support Staff Conference Grant
   - Two award opportunities for our Student Conference Grant

The application deadline for these grants is *August  4, 2023*.  Recipients
will be notified about award decisions by August 11, 2023.

*Please Note* - In keeping with ongoing COVID safety precautions, attendees
will have the option to indicate on nametags their social distancing
preferences.

For more information about the 2023 Conference, visit:
https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/about

We look forward to seeing you in October/November!