Greetings from SIS! I hope this message finds you well (and willing to forgive multiple messages if you receive them!)

As you are probably already aware, programs accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) must participate in regularly scheduled review to maintain accredited status. SIS is currently preparing for review of our MSIS program, and we would like to ask our alums to support our efforts by providing feedback on the program and their experience as a student. The information you provide is an essential component of our program presentation.

I have two requests for you today:
  • We've created a survey to facilitate the process of collecting input from MSIS program alums; we'd be grateful if you would be willing to take the time to complete it: https://tiny.utk.edu/msis_accred_alums

  • Those who employ our alumni also offer an important perspective on the MSIS program. We are also hoping you might be willing to ask your employers (past and/or present) to complete our employer survey: https://tiny.utk.edu/msis_accred_employers
I appreciate your taking the time to read this message and (hopefully!) participate in these data collection efforts. Continued ALA accreditation of the UTK MSIS program is important for all stakeholders, and your contribution to this effort is invaluable.

If you have any questions or comments to share, please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Rachel Fleming-May (she/her)

Associate Professor