From: Tennessee Library Association and other Tennessee librarians <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Melissa Moore
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2023 9:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TLA-L] Archives internship query

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Jackson State Community College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
I received this question from a faculty member's son here at Union, and given that my archives knowledge is quite limited, I am appealing to you. You may respond directly to Stephen at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Hi Melissa,

I have completed my MLIS and would like a career in archiving, so I need to get some work experience as my next step. Could you help me understand whether academic libraries and repositories count an unpaid internship as relevant experience in their hiring process?  And if so, are there some key characteristics of internship projects that would give me the best experience toward building my career?

Thank you!

Stephen Thomas

Thanks in advance!

Melissa Moore