FYI

From: Rachel Rosekind via ALA Connect <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2023 3:24 PM
To: April Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table) : Please join the Social Responsibilities Roundtable on 7/13 @ 1:00 pm CST for a free discussion of Matthew Desmond's Poverty, By America

Event title: Free book talk & facilitated discussion of Matthew Desmond's Poverty, By America Description: The United States is the richest...

American Library Association

SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table)

Please join the Social Responsibilities Roundtable on 7/13 @ 1:00 pm CST for a free discussion of Matthew Desmond's Poverty, By America

Rachel Rosekind

Jun 5, 2023 3:24 PM

Rachel Rosekind

Event title: Free book talk & facilitated discussion of Matthew Desmond's Poverty, By America

Description: The United States is the richest nation in the world, but has more people experiencing poverty than any other advanced democracy. Please join ALA's Social Responsibility Roundtable to explore this fundamental paradox and engage in critical inquiry and communal conversation. Using Matthew Desmond's recently-published book Poverty, By America as our anchor, we'll consider questions like: What factors contribute to the persistence of poverty in America? Who benefits from it? How are libraries approaching this issue? Please join us!

Date: Thursday, July 13 at 1:00 pm CST

Co-Hosts: Rachel Rosekind ([log in to unmask]) and Derek Wilmott ([log in to unmask])

Registration link: https://forms.gle/Ez1ZJzNsgWfj6hSM9

Rachel Rosekind
Educator, Editor, Writer, Activist, Library Commissioner
Write You Are / Contra Costa Library Commission

You are subscribed to "SRRT (Social Responsibilities Round Table)" as [log in to unmask]. To change your subscriptions, go to My Subscriptions. To unsubscribe from this community discussion, go to Unsubscribe.