Good morning,

Please take note...

Library Director Ad

Library Director – Cleveland Bradley County Public Library (TN)

The Board of Trustees of the Cleveland Bradley County Public Library (TN)
<https://clevelandlibrary.org/> is seeking an innovative and highly
motivated individual to join our team as our next Library Director,
responsible for directly overseeing the daily operations of our library. We
serve the over 110,000 residents of the beautiful city of Cleveland &
Bradley County, TN, from the 47,000 square foot downtown historical
locations, including the main library facility and the History Branch and
Archives, as well as the on-the-go bookmobile. Our library is celebrating
its 100th anniversary as a cornerstone in our community this year, and our
Director is responsible for ensuring its continued success well into the
future.

What We Are Committed To

With a tenured library staffed of 24 FTE and a $1.4 million budget, CBCPL
is working every day to strengthen our communities and provide lifelong
learning opportunities for our residents, introducing preschoolers into the
joys of reading and literacy, preserving the local history, and acting as a
gateway to resources within and beyond its walls to the wonderful patrons
we serve.

Our library seeks to engage its patrons through our unique facilities,
thoughtfully developed collection, and innovative resources and
technologies, such as our recently opened Carmichael Creative Cottage. We
are focused on initiatives that allow us to continuously improve our
offerings to the public, including: developing ways to take the library
outside its walls into the community, stabilizing and increasing funding
sources, looking at CBCPL with fresh eyes, and creating strong community
partnerships.

Who We Are Looking For

The ideal candidate will be innovative, self-motivated, and dedicated to
creating an engaging experience for patrons. They should have a master’s
degree in library science from an American Library Association-accredited
institution, with at least 3-5 years’ experience of progressively
increasing responsibility in an administrative and supervisory capacity in
a public library setting. They should possess a thorough knowledge of
public library operations, services, and future trends, as well as
excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be effective serving as
a liaison between the staff, Board of Trustees, and the City and County
Governments. Additionally, they should have successful experience bringing
an organization together as a team, appreciate experimentation and failure
as a healthy part of growth, and experience developing a consistent
fundraising process. The completion of a pre-employment background and
credit check is required for the successful candidate.
Why Choose Us?

In addition to a purposeful career, we also offer an excellent compensation
and benefits package, paid comprehensive medical, dental and vision
coverage, paid vacation leave and holidays, and a generous retirement
package, and more.  Salary will be commensurate with experience.

This is a community with heart and spirit, reflecting hometown pride,
sharing resources, extending kindness, displaying devotion to where we live
and work. Nestled in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains,
Cleveland/Bradley County, TN is an ideal place to live, work, and grow with
much to offer for those of all ages. The community’s spirit mixes a
bustling small-city feeling with progressive business, thriving industry,
excellent healthcare, quality schools and a wealth of culture all in the
heart of the Ocoee Region.

Get Started Today!

Start your career by applying today via email with a cover letter and your
resume to Andrew Hunt at [log in to unmask] . Applications
will be accepted until Wednesday, May 31, 2023.

Additional helpful information, including a detailed job description and
list of responsibilities, can be found at
https://clevelandlibrary.org/new-library-director-search.

--
Andrew L. Hunt
Cleveland Bradley County Public Library