Hi all –

Here are some great training options to dig in to TEL resources. If you cannot attend during the live webinar, please register and you’ll get a link to the recorded webinar the next day. You can find links to these webinars on the TEL Training Calendar -https://tntel.info/library-staff/resource/training.

Hidden Gems in World Book Online

Friday, May 510:00 – 10:30am CT/ 11:00 – 11:30am ET

Finding a diamond in the rough isn’t always simple, but with World Book resources educators can be confident in knowing they’ll find real treasure–up-to-date, quality instructional materials. Join us for this 30-minute webinar to dig in and uncover hidden gems that can be used in the classroom and library.
Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6474537321948032599

Resources for AAPI Heritage Month in World Book

Wednesday, May 102:00 – 2:30pm CT/3:00 – 3:30pm ET

World Book is a great resource in helping you prepare for, educate about, and celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage month! World Book is full of information and activities to help learn about important people, events, and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6107768830224315480

Leverage Gale Resources to Promote Mental Health Awareness of Unique Student Populations

Thursday, May 1112:00 – 12:45pm CT/1:00 – 1:45pm ET

Gale has a variety of resources that can help promote mental health awareness on your campus. Join us to learn how to leverage Gale eBook titles and In Context: College to better inform your work with students, and more specifically, those belonging to unique student populations. We will look at a variety of angles, like mental health awareness in student athletes, BIPOC students, and more!Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_oui5NQB3S0-FmYCsncaPRg

Support CER (Claim-Evidence-Reasoning) Writing with Gale In Context

Thursday, May 111:00 – 1:30pm CT/2:00 – 2:45pm ET
Claim-Evidence-Reasoning writing is an essential skill across all core subjects. Gale In Context supports students’ understanding of this critical writing process and provides cross-curricular content to propel arguments forward. Join this session to explore how to leverage Gale In Context resources within your classroom to engage learners in the research and writing process.

Register at :https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uIlSfUuYRR6h-xjTbwZvJg

World Book - New eBook Titles - Spring Releases

Tuesday, May 1610:30 – 11:00am CT/11:30 – Noon  CT

One of the main benefits of a World Book eBooks subscription is automatic access to our NEW World Book originals! Join us to learn about the 2023 new releases which include brand new sets such as "Norrie Explores..." and "Where in the World Can I...". We will also take a look at the different classroom resources available for the new titles.
Register at  https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5305258382854810463

World Book - Summer Reading 2023

Monday, May 228:30 – 9:00am CT/9:30 – 10:00am ET

Are you following the summer reading theme that focuses on kindness and unity? Join us for a webinar full of ideas to support this theme. Explore, learn, and play together. From stories to crafts & activities, come learn about creative ways to fit World Book into your summer reading program!
Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6447020943951374174

World Book - Avoid the Summer Slide

Thursday, June 82:00 – 2:30pm CT/3:00 – 3:30pm ET

Avoid the summer slump! Looking for educational resources or activities to use while kids are home? World book has your covered! Watch this brief webinar to learn about some tools to break up the day and support learning at home.
Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3112102122250819421

Fun with World Book Online

Tuesday, June 1311:00 – 11:30am CT/Noon – 12:30pm ET

World Book Online is great for lessons and education – but there is a lot more inside our digital tools build for fun too! Games, eBooks, digital coloring, at-home activities, and more! Join us to learn about fun and exciting ways to use World Book Online together or for quiet time activities for kids to complete while you work.
Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1303004172815194454

Leverage Your Elementary Gale eBooks Through Gale In Context: Elementary

Thursday, June 151:00 – 1:30pm CT/2:00 – 2:30pm

Your learning community can now find your Gale eBooks within Gale In Context: Elementary through our simple integration. Students and teachers can browse or search to find your elementary- leveled Gale eBook content and access it while still within the Gale In Context: Elementary interface.
Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_pb1n6A2aRoSuayyRo83GzA

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-532-4627

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline