Annie Liu also received this award!!

congratulations Annie, I'm sorry I could not be there to celebrate you!!

Cheers, Solange.

From: Horn, Sally <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2023 11:38 AM
To: GeogFaculty <[log in to unmask]>; GeogGrads <[log in to unmask]>; Club Geography <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Horn, Sally <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Congratulations to Madlen Conley!

Congratulations to undergraduate Madlen Conlen who won a College of Arts and Sciences Award of Excellence in Social Sciences for her EURECA poster on research mentored by Dr. Matt Kerr.  Madlen’s project aims to use dendroecology to understand land-use history and to inform management and conservation decisions.  Madlen proudly represented Geography & Sustainabilty and was the sole winner from our department.

If you wondered why Madlen and Dr. Kerr left our End-of-Year celebration early yesterday, it was so they could accept Madlen's award!

Congratulations to Madlen and kudos to her advisor, Dr. Kerr!

Sincerely,

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography & Sustainability
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925  U.S.A.