Dear all,

This is a reminder for the Department End of Year Celebration and Awards Ceremony at the Frieson Black Cultural Center this Thursday. Looking forward to seeing you.

From: Alderman, Derek <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2023 11:58 AM
To: GeogFaculty <[log in to unmask]>; GeogGrads <[log in to unmask]>; McKinney, Nathan Lamar <[log in to unmask]>; Sharpe, Pamela Hope <[log in to unmask]>; Logan, Alex <[log in to unmask]>; Jones, Claire <[log in to unmask]>; kbutefis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: End of Year Celebration, Geog & Sustain May 4, 4:00-5:30pm, Frieson Center, room 102/103

Dear Geography and Sustainability Community,

It is my great pleasure to announce formally that our Department will host an “End of Year” Celebration, which is an expansion and enrichment of the awards ceremony normally held at the end of the spring semester.

While the bestowing of student and faculty awards will happen at the End of the Year Celebration, there will be additional special features—such as door prizes, delicious food, a special recognition/gift for graduating students, inspiring words from distinguished alumnus Kurt Butefish, and a well-deserved recognition of the day to day achievements, aspirations, and hard work of our unit and its members (that’s you!).

Please save the date and time for the End of Year  Celebration. For details see below and the attached announcement (many thanks to Mr. Camponovo for making this). Please know that students, family, and friends are welcomed.

Geography & Sustainability End of Year Celebration

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Location: Frieson Black Cultural Center, rooms 102/103

Reception: 4:00-4:30pm

Ceremony: 4:30—5:30pm

Thank you for time and support.

Best wishes,

DA

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

He / Him / His

Professor of Geography

Department of Geography & Sustainability