Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you all know about a position opening at Tennessee Wesleyan University in Athens, TN! We are a small, Liberal Arts university exactly halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga in beautiful East Tennessee. We’re looking for an Information Services Librarian and it is a tenure-track, faculty position! Please see the description below:

Tennessee Wesleyan University seeks a creative, energetic, and technologically savvy information services professional to join a library team committed to excellence in academic support services. The appointment is scheduled to begin July 1, 2023. The information services librarian will support the Learning Commons through reference work and individual research appointments. They will also work closely with the Library Director on library initiatives. Primary responsibilities include the development of innovative, dynamic information literacy programming and online instructional materials, oversight of the loanable technology program, management of the library website, campus outreach and promotion of library services to both students and faculty, and support for collection development.

An ALA-accredited MLS is required along with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively, and a strong service commitment. Experience with teaching information literacy and access services preferred. Depending upon candidate qualifications, tenure-track, faculty appointment may be at the rank of assistant professor.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three (3) professional references to [log in to unmask].

Review of applications will begin immediately.

Visit https://www.tnwesleyan.edu/about/departments/human_resources/faculty-openings.php for the official posting.

Thank you all!

Alex

signature_2321758593