EXCUSE ANY CROSS POSTING

2023 ALAO Conference Call for Proposals

Submission Deadline:  April 17, 2023

The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Conference Planning committee invites you to submit proposals for the 49th ALAO Annual Conference. Having spent the past few years radically adapting library services during the pandemic, library professionals are now actively exploring how to sustain a "new normal" for hybrid spaces, services, and collections where customer expectations have been transformed.

findingbalance_2023conference_logo_bothdates_final.png

fternoon Virtual Mini-Conference (Friday, Oct 27, 2023) Location: Zoom

In-Person Conference Location (Friday, Nov 3, 2023): Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, Lewis Center, OH

Submission Deadline:  April 17, 2023

NOTE:  We have two different proposal options/venues for this year’s conference. Please see additional details below.

We encourage thoughtful, timely proposals from all areas of library work. In response to past conference evaluations, we especially encourage proposals highlighting the expertise of Access Services, Technical Services, and Support Staff professionals.

Conference registration discounts for presenters will be announced at a later date. Please note that grants are available for Students and Library Support Staff to attend or aid in presenting at the conference.

Adherence to the conference theme is encouraged but not required. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

Proposal Submissions:

Choose which option or venue best fits your topic(s). Multiple submissions are allowed, but each must represent a different topic.

In-Person Conference Session Proposals:

We invite proposals from all areas of library work in the form of presentations, posters, & lightning talks. If you have a unique session format idea, please submit it under the Presentation option (i.e., panel discussions, etc.).

Full Details & Guidelines:https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/proposals

In-Person Conference Submission Form:https://tinyurl.com/2023proposalsALAO

Virtual Mini-Conference Session Proposals:

Please NOTE: This event on Friday, Oct 27, 2023 in the afternoon will focus special attention on the expertise of our colleagues in Access Services, Technical Services, and Support Staff. For this mini-conference, we invite proposals for lightning talks and discussion sessions. Proposals related to issues and activities in these areas will be given first priority consideration.

Full Details & Guidelines:https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2023/proposals

Mini-Conference Submission Form:https://tinyurl.com/2023miniconference

We invite everyone to contribute your ideas to make 2023 the best ALAO conference yet!

If you have questions about conference programming or proposal submissions, please contact Cara Calabrese, Stefanie Hilles, and Rob Withers at [log in to unmask]