*crossposted*

The LILi Web Committee invites you to our next free Show & Tell webinar:

A Trauma-Informed Care Approach to Teaching Citations
March 22, 2023
10:00am - 11:00am​ Pacific

Many times when we talk to students about plagiarism and citations, we use a punitive frame which can actually give students a very mild kind of traumatic response, what I like to call an academic stressor response.  This presentation will go over what trauma-informed care can tell us about students' reactions to this kind of framing, why it can impede their development as learners, and include ways I have applied this understanding to instruction.

Session will be recorded.

Register<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-trauma-informed-care-approach-to-teaching-citations-tickets-577703686277>

April & the LILi Web Committee

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
April Sheppard (she/they)
Schedule Appointment<https://astate.libcal.com/appointments/aprilsheppard>
Assistant Library Director

Dean B. Ellis Library   |   P.O. Box 2040   |   State University, AR 72467
Phone 870.972.2766   |   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.