Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers,
One of our alum is looking to hire an entry-level GIS analyst to work in local government in Northeast Tennessee. This would be suitable for recent graduates and May 2023 graduates with GIS experience. This job is not being posted online.

  *   The work involves changing attributes/symbols, printing maps, ArcGIS Online, and lots of zoning/land-use.
  *   Starting salary is 60K a year and includes benefits.
  *   Work is in-person.
  *   Setting up in-person interviews on campus in late March.
  *   The person doing the hiring would be an amazing mentor.

If you're interested in applying:

  *   Send me an email with your latest resume (I know I keep saying this, but this should be a GIS focused resume: Name and contact information; education; GIS Experience; other experience if there's room, etc)
  *   Make sure your LinkedIn account is updated and includes examples of projects you've worked on, especially GIS projects. Even better if some of those projects are public facing, interactive GIS projects using ArcGIS Online like storymaps, dashboards, web apps, etc.
  *   If you're interested in applying but aren't sure if you have the specific technical skills necessary, DON'T PANIC. I can show you some specific free training resources on the ESRI training website to quickly get up to speed.

Michael Camponovo
GIS Outreach Coordinator
Geography Department
UT Knoxville