From: Charsha, Ashley Brianne
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 3:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: IE Update/February Office Hours for Program Assessment

Dear Colleagues,

I hope your Spring semester has started off well! You may have seen the Provost’s recent announcement regarding the formation of a brand-new Institutional Effectiveness (IE) office here at UTK. The assessment team from the former Office of Institutional Research and Assessment is now a part of IE; as a result, we have reorganized some job responsibilities. I’m pleased to share that, with the support of the rest of the IE office and the university’s Assessment Steering Committee, the majority of my time moving forward will be spent working with academic program assessment.

To kick things off in this new role, I’ve established a series of February “office hours.” If your program has questions regarding the feedback left on its 2021-2022 annual assessment report, and/or there are questions or thoughts to share about your program’s assessment process in general, please sign up for a half-hour slot during one of the times here. Both Zoom and in-person options are available.

It's important to note that these hours are not my sole availability. If none of the times work for your schedule or a longer meeting is needed, feel free to email me directly at [log in to unmask].

As a final note: the IE website has an events page for timelines and trainings related to academic assessment and accreditation. Stay tuned as we continue to build our offerings!

Ashley Charsha
Assistant Director of Academic Assessment
Institutional Effectiveness
2541 Dunford Hall
(865) 974-8617