Hi all,
There is no colloquium this week. The colloquium next week is the Ralston Speaker series. The Ralston Speaker this year is Prof. Yuan May who is Ashbel Smith Professor of GIScience at The University of Texas at Dallas. She also serves as Program Director of Human-Environment and Geographic Sciences (HEGS) and Human Networks and Data Science (HNDS) at the National Science Foundation (NSF), and the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS). Dr. Yuan will deliver a presentation of "Discover New Ways of Thinking about the Science of Geography" at 4:05 - 5:20 pm on Thursday (2/23) in Nursing Education Building 302 that is open to the public.
In addition to the talk, there will be a pizza lunch meeting in Student Union 362A at 11:30 am - 1:30 pm on Thursday (2/23) and a reception in the BGB lounge area (outside BGB 301) at 3:10 - 3:50 pm on Thursday (2/23). We need an estimate to make sure there is enough food at the pizza lunch. Hence, could you please use the Google form below to indicate whether plan to attend the pizza lunch? We appreciate your help with this survey very much.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftt7Eeo1wj0E-69X09AWS7rGhEV-5kvAaes5vc68yWoQaVNQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you for your time!
LTT
PS Dr. Shaw is the coordinator of the Ralston Speaker series. Thank you, Dr. Shaw!
Liem Tran, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Geography

Professor, Bredesen Center for Interdisciplinary

Research and Graduate Education

University of Tennessee at Knoxville
Tel: 865-974-6034; Fax: 865-974-6025